Five more COVID-19 deaths, 446 new cases
Jamaica on Saturday recorded five additional COVID-19 deaths, moving the tally to 422.
The deceased are:
• A 54-year-old male from St Elizabeth
• A 58-year-old-female from Trelawny
• A 43-year-old female from St Mary
• A 49-year-old female from Kingston & St Andrew
• A 67-year-old female from Kingston & St Andrew
Three other deaths are now being probed, increasing the total to 53.
The country also recorded 446 new infections with ages ranging from one year to 96 years, increasing the overall figure to 23,263 cases with 9,209 of them being active.
Meanwhile, 92 more persons have recovered, increasing the tally to 13,410.
Some 252 persons are in hospital with 20 of them being moderately ill and 22 critically ill.
We want to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com and follow @thejamaicastar on Instagram and on twitter @JamaicaStar, and on Facebook: @TheJamaicaStar.